Saturday, 9 February 2013

Synesthesia: Music and Movies

Hello, fellas! (first time I didn't greet you as pals and gals... feels wrong!) I finally had my first week without tests since class started in December! And I will celebrate with a private screening of Adam's Rib with air-conditioning and chocolate. But before I engage in my personal definition of heaven, I would like to share with you guys a lighthearted post, just in case anyone is in need of some relaxation. And who isn't?

I wanted to share some of my favorite songs taken from classic films. In chronological order:

1. Cheek To Cheek - Top Hat (1935)




2. Smile - Modern Times (1936)




3. Tara's Theme - Gone With The Wind (1939)



 4. Somewhere Over The Rainbow -The Wizard of Oz




5. As Time Goes By - Casablanca



6 You'd Be Hard To Replace - The Barkleys of Broadway (1949)



7. They can't take that away from me - The Barkleys of Broadway (1949)



8.  Singing In The Rain - Singing In The Rain (1952)



9. Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1952)



10. Bye Bye, Baby - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1952)



 11. La Vie En Rose (Edith Piaf) - Sabrina (1954)



 12. I Love Your Funny Face - Funny Face (1957)




13. Moon River - Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961)




14. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - Mary Poppins (1964)





15. Without You - My Fair Lady (1964)


Since this is a movie song list, I put Audrey's version here. But go listen to Julie's. There's nothing wrong with Marnie's voice, but Julie Andrews as Eliza Doolittle is as good as it gets.


16. Edelweiss - The Sound of Music (1965)



17. The Hills Are Alive - The Sound of Music (1965)




18. Climb Every Mountain - The Sound of Music (1965)



19. The Sound of Silence (Simon and Garfunkel) - The Graduate (1967)



20. Don't Rain on My Parade - Funny Girl (1968)



So long,
Marcela

3 comments:

  1. Great picks! Thanks for posting these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous! I could bet a candy that we'd see a post of yours in Carnival.
    I'm specially fond of the musicals Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra did together, so my list would include some f these songs and a bunch of yours, too.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 'Cheek and Cheek', Gone With The Wind and The Sound of Music. Enjoy Adam's Rib with your chocolate. It sounds perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete