Thursday, 22 November 2012
However, I missed my favorite pals and gals, and it turns out I must tend to a very kind event that has reached my ears a while ago and I have shamefully neglected to acknowledge.
It turns out my fellow Brazilian Lê, who is a total sweetheart and quite the amazing blogger, has presented me with a "Versatile Blogger" Award. I cannot thank her enough for extending me this honor. Still, I'll try: Thank you ever so much, dear!
The rules of this award consist of posting 7 facts about one's self and then appointing 11 bloggers considered by one as worthy of this Award to do the same. Here I go!
1. I love doing things on my own.
2. Despite the fact that I don't believe (much) in horoscopes, I'm a pretty typical Taurus.
3. I believe wholeheartedly that I'm always gonna be too old and too young to do anything, so I just do what I want regardless of age.
4. My Medical School went on the longest strike of its history this year. The longest one before then was
when my father was a student. Not a very lucky family in that sense.
5. The first day I watched I Love Lucy, I watched 6 episodes in a row. By the end of the week, I knew Lucille Ball's main stats by heart.
6. I cried a little bit on the plane ride here, because my iPod was on shuffle songs mode and I inadvertently listened the audiobook of Lauren Bacall's "By Myself and Then Some", specifically the part where Gregory Peck and (gasp!) Katharine Hepburn die. I was weeping by the first minute, but it was dark, so no one saw me. I hope!
7. I didn't expect to love blogging about old movies this much.
And now onto the lucky winners:
Oh, So Very Classic - great start!
Frankly My Dear; But It Was - obviously
The Great Katharine Hepburn
Bette's Classic Movie Blog
L.A. La Land: Fame, Fortune and Forensics
A Mythical Monkey Writes About The Movies
Noir And Chick Flicks
Films of Yesterday
All Good Things
Lê, at Crítica Retrô, would also be worthy of this, but needless to say she doesn't have to do it again.
Anyways, this was it, pals and gals, but I hope I get to write more before I go home! See y'all soon!