Monday, 8 October 2012

Loving Lucy: A 5-Day Blogging Celebration!




 


"I Love Lucy", October 15th 1951
Join me on a 5-day celebration of the wonder that is "I Love Lucy"!

61 years ago, a television show was about to premiere on the United States of America. I Love Lucy. It was about to change not only the lives of those involved, but the way television was done and watched forever. 
Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz led the way to a gentle turn in society's outlook - at a time where the world teamed with daily revolutions. 

Join me as I celebrate and appreciate this true piece of preserved history.

The Loving Lucy Festival on Best of the Past - schedule!

Day One - October 11th: The Story of Lucy and Desi Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. Together. Separated. Who are these people? What do they represent? What made them become who they were and who they are today? In this day, we examine the main stars of I Love Lucy.

Day Two - October 12th: The Story of I Love Lucy How did this show start? Who generated it? Who created it? Who was the mind behind it? Who contributed to it? In this day, we look into the roots of I Love Lucy as we know it.

Day Three - October 13th: The Story of a Smashing Hit I Love Lucy has taken over the world. Television had never seen a bigger success and still hasn't to this day. Why? What was different about those four characters? In this day, we will discuss just that. 

Day Four - October 14th: The Story of the Aftermath I Love Lucy is over. What remained? What remains in this day and age? What didn't transcend the test of time? In this day, we will be on the lookout for Lucy in the present day. 

Day Five - October 15th: The Story of a Lasting Passion In the anniversary of I Love Lucy, we will talk to a few fans who were not alive during the original airing. They are aged 20 or under. How do the young people of today still relate to I Love Lucy? Why is it still in our hearts? Join me in this awesome interview!


After all the laughs and all the tears, this is the least I can do for my favorite television show. We'll be sticky over Ricky, baba lots of lu's and sell a million bottles of Vitameatavegamin, just so that they cannot and will not be forgotten. I will see you in the next five days! 

So long,
Marcela

P.S. The five days with posting every day may feel a little spam-y. But, bear with me. I promise to make it up by being interesting and entertaining, or doing my best to.
P.P.S. Sorry for the top bar looking crappy at best. Technical glitch. 

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I'll be for sure here reading and learning more about I Love Lucy - a show I'm still getting in touch now.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete