Thursday, 16 August 2012

The "Stories of My Life" series and (yet) another Liebster Award!

Frank and Ava, who would've had beautiful children


Hello, my pals and gals! This post will be an announcement post: One full of interesting things to say. Or not. 

First things first: Reasons for the picture on your left include the need for extreme beauty in my blog. I cannot think of a better way to provide it than Frankie, my favorite singer, the man who brights up my days with his perfect voice, who makes my heart beat fast when I feel the world is too dry to handle, the man I have under my skin, PHEW! How else can I describe Frankie? I love him to bits and pieces. As if he wasn't enough, he is sharing his crystal smile with greek-goddess-extraordinaire Ava Gardner, in my opinion one of the most terribly charming women who ever walked the face of the earth. Certainly the best smile in Hollywood history. 

Twenty minutes of staring later, here come the news:  I will be starting a new series on my blog. Frankly, my dear, (haha, see what I did there?) not so much a series but a new category of posts: Stories of My Life. 
Nope, nothing to do with Katie's fabulous book, but rather literally. How did Old Hollywood affect my life? How did it change me? Don't worry, I won't bore you guys with anything too personal or, well, boring, and I'll make sure to keep it as cool as possible. Deal? Deal! I already have about 236187236 ideas for this series, so bare with me. 

Piece of news numero dos: I haven't forgotten about the series I already have going. In fact, this Monday, movie Monday will be super special! I have a few posts on the way for Decades 101 and I will post the second half of my favorite movie scenes next week. How's that? 

Piece of news numero tres: There are a bunch of blogathons I will be participating in and I strongly encourage you to participate too! One of them is the Universal Backlot Blogathon, hosted by Journey in Classic Film, the Paramount Centennial Blogathon, hosted by the Hollywood Revue and The Around the World Blogathon, hosted by All Good Things. Let's get going!

Last, but not least, I was nominated for my third Liebster Award! I'm always very grateful for these, and I must thank Chelsea at 3...2...1! Thank you, oh so much! Here for the questions:
  1. What is your favorite song lyric and why? Stardust, by Nat King Cole
  2. What is an average day in your life like? Right now my University is at strike, so there's not much I'm doing. But, I wake up early, I have French and Spanish lessons, I write a lot, exercise quite a bit too and I watch classic films :D When the Uni is not at strike, it's basically studying and finding a little time here and there for my passions.  
  3. Sweet food or spicy food? Spicy :D
  4. Why did you start blogging? I love to write and I need to put it up somewhere. Now it brings me tremendous joy.  
  5. If you were on a desert island and could have one person with you, what person would that be and why? My sister. She's the person I get along the best with, I've known her since I was born and she has never failed me. Never. 
  6. Where do you find inspiration? To be a good doctor, I'm lucky enough to be inspired every day by my parents. Katharine's book Stories of My Life sits in my nightstand every day, and every time I feel like my strength is almost over and that I'm too tired, I read a little bit of it and she reminds me that life is so worth the fight. 
  7. What are your goals for the next five years? Med School, and working and writing, oh my!
  8. What are three things you wish would disappear from the world/your life? Distance, cancer and snakes. 
  9. What do you do in your spare time? I write, I read and I swoon over the past. 
  10. What are your guilty pleasures? Sometimes I read chick flicks and watch America's Next Top Model. Shhh. 
  11. What is your biggest dream? To inform, treat and prevent aids and help eradicate it from the world. 
Thanks again, Chelsea!

That will be it for this post, pals and gals, thank you all for sticking with me for better and for worse. I leave you with one of my very favorite pictures of The Great. Because, who else?

And to all, a good night!

So long,
Marcela


4 comments:

  1. Just how excited are you for Katharine Hepburn day on Summer Under the Stars on TCM? OMG! Here's my post about it - I rated all the movies they'll be showing in order from best to worst. Tomorrow I hope to write a post of KH's 10 worst films. Stay tuned!
    http://thegreatkh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/our-miss-fantastic-on-tcm-this-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for sending me this! I'll be sure to check it out! 10 worst, huh? That'll be difficult! Haha!
      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. You're becoming the Katharine Hepburn of the Liebster award! :)
    I'm anxious to read your future posts (maybe I'll even be open about my life with classics) an your contributions to these amazing blogathons!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! One more to go! :D
    Stay tuned! The stuff looks pretty promising! :)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete