Wednesday, 1 August 2012

The Liebster Blog Award (and, hey, my first!)

YAY! I got my first tag ever on Blogger! Liebster Award! And who's it from? Why, who else but the darling Rianna, over at Frankly, My Dear. I'm sure you know her, and if you don't, you've missed half of your blogging experience, so get on it already.
The tag works as follows: She picks 11 lovely ladies to answer a few questions and then spout out 11 random facts about him/herself. Sounds easy enough, huh?
Let's do this!


11 random facts about myself:
1. I am a Brazilian subject.
2. I learned how to write when I was three and haven't stopped since then.
3. I've loved history and vintage things since I was born, but you'd be surprised with how recently classic film entered my life.
4. I had my first class of English as a second language when I was 5 and my last when I was 15.
5. I take martial arts classes three times a week.
6. When I'm depressed, I listen to "I've Got You Under My Skin" and pretend Frank is singing to me.
7. There's a scene in The Philadelphia Story that I'm pretty sure was written about me.
8. I sleep in curlers. No street cred at all.
9. My father was the doctor who delivered me.
10. I don't tolerate being treated differently because of my gender.
11. I'm a LOT like Katharine Hepburn. Her bad and her good sides. But I wish I had 2% her awesomeness.

Rianna's questions:

  1. Ingrid Bergman or Greta Garbo: Ingie!
  2. Humphrey Bogart or James Cagney: Bogie! (Casablanca in da house)
  3. Julie Andrews or Judy Garland: So hard! Ju...LIE!
  4. Cary Grant or Clark Gable: Cary Grant, always
  5. Deborah Kerr or Greer Garson: Deborah, I'd have to say
  6. Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire: Fred!
  7. Ava Gardner or Lana Turner: Ava!
  8. Errol Flynn or Tyrone Power: Errol!
  9. Myrna Loy or Carole Lombard: Myrna!
  10. Montgomery Clift or James Dean: Monty!
  11. Katharine Hepburn or Bette Davis: KATE! (although I love Bette too, I could never pick anyone over Kate. This was a cruel one.)


So, I won't be appointing anyone because this blogging business is far too new to me for me to know 11 people already! Haha!
Anyways, that will be it for tonight, my pals and gals, a great big kiss for all, especially for my lovely Ri!


So long,
Marcela

7 comments:

  1. A big "Congrats" to you!! You have a great start in the blogging world..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog. I like the fact that you relate to Katharine Hepburn -- she was magnificent. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do relate to her - she's my favorite actress and my biggest role model ever!

      Delete
  3. LOL. So, I realize you already got this, but just wanted to share the love. I awarded you the Leibster Blog Award. Details here: http://theswingmood.blogspot.com/2012/08/leibster-blog-award-thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, sweetiepie, thank you SO much!!!!!! YOU'RE THE SWEETEST NATALIE, YOU'RE JUST UUUUUGHHH <33

      Delete
  4. I'm still reading the posts, and I must say a dozen of congratulations! Last year I was also the runner-up in the contest, with an article about both Greta Garbo and Lillian Gish, and Natalie was the first place. This year, instead, I entered FilmClassics video contest with a Jean Harlow tribute, and I'm still waiting for the contest to begin.
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete